For unexpected dental emergency appointments with short notice, we reserve emergency appointments on daily basis. Prompt attention will avoid permanent damage and the need for more extensive, and expensive treatment later on and will improve the chances of saving the affected tooth/teeth. We are skilled at handling all unpleasant situations including:
- Gum or facial swelling
- Chipped or broken tooth
- Chipped or broken fillings and crowns
- Loose or broken dental implant
- Wisdom tooth pain
- Broken denture
- Knocked-out tooth
- Mouth ulcers
- Broken orthodontic (braces) wire
Trauma & Sports Related Injuries
- If your tooth is displaced by trauma or has been knocked out of the socket you will have to call us as soon as possible.
- If it is a baby tooth, do not reinsert back into the mouth. If you are unsure, place the tooth in milk or saliva to transport it to your dentist.
- If it is an adult tooth and it is out of the socket, care should be taken to handle the tooth only by its crown and not by its root. If you are unsure about reimplanting the tooth, clean the tooth under running water and place the tooth in milk or underneath the tongue. Do not store the tooth in water. See the dental as soon as possible as every delayed minute will affect the long-term prognosis of the tooth.
- If the tooth moved from their original position (e.g. pushed backwards or forwars)
Try to move the teeth gently back to their original position and close the mouth with a soft cloth or tissue between the front teeth.
- If the tooth is fractured or chipped and you manage to find the fractured tooth fragment, take it with you to the dentist.
It is recommended that children, teenagers and adults wear a custom-fitted mouthguard made by a dentist. Mouthguards act to absorb and spread the impact of a blow to the face, which may otherwise result in an injury to the mouth or jaw/s. Mouthguards should be worn during training and on game day.
Prompt attention to your dental emergency will avoid permanent damage and the need for more extensive, and expensive treatment later on.